21st Century Challenges to the Gospel
In the early 21st century, a variety of challenges to this simple, yet profound, gospel present themselves. This issue of Enrichment seeks to address some of the prominent ones. The list of challenges this issue addresses does not pretend to be either exhaustive or global. It focuses on largely theological challenges that North American Pentecostals often face. Elsewhere, our brothers and sisters face other challenges, both intellectual (e.g., animism, ancestor worship, pantheism) and practical (e.g., poverty, oppression). Given that our readers overwhelmingly minister in a North American context, however, we chose to narrow our list to their concerns, without thereby downplaying the concerns of others in different social contexts.
- 21st-Century Challenges to the Gospel
- Interview The Spiritual and Practical Importance of Sound Theology
- The Gospel According to John 3:16
- Is the Old Testament God Evil
- Is God's Love Limited to the Elect
- Is the Atonement Divine Child Abuse?
- Is Jesus Christ the Son of God?
- SIDEBAR: Essential Scriptural Integrity
- What's So Special About Jesus?
- Once Saved, Always Saved?
- Ultimate Liberation
- Is Hell Forever?
- SIDEBAR: Erasing Hell
- Love and Hell
- How Will They Hear?
- The Next Generation
- Is God Just a Psychological Crutch for the Weak?
- Bullet, Not Buckshot
- Has Your Wall Become a Fence?
- Improving the Part of Your Ministry You Cannot See or Hear
- Building Trust With Your Team
- Five Ways to Build a Professional Ministry Network
- Treating the Whole Person
- Lessons From the Penn State Scandal
- SIDEBAR: Are Ministers Mandatory Child-Abuse Reporters
- I Don't Feel Accepted at Church
- In Closing
- Who Do You Say I Am?
- Leadership Lessons for Clergy from U.S. Presidents
- Are You an Empowered, Empowering Leader?
- Preachers, Prepositions, and Pronouns
- Spiritual Peacebuilding
- From Enrichment Executive Editor George Paul Wood