Preaching: Credibility, Clarity, and Connection in the Ministry of God's Word
If preaching is God speaking to our churches and communities through us, then effective preaching happens when credible preachers deliver clear messages that make a connection with their audiences’ needs.
- Introduction Preaching
- The Preaching Life
- Spiritual Formation for Preachers
- The Man in the Back of the Room — and Other Issues Facing Women Preachers
- Why Should Anyone Listen to Me?
- SIDEBAR: Dos and Don'ts of Honest Transparency
- Let’s Be Honest
- SIDEBAR: 8 Rules for Building a Preaching Library
- Let the Spirit Guide Your Preaching
- Preaching by the Numbers
- SIDEBAR: Before You Crack Open the Commentaries--Preaching by the
- SIDEBAR: Making the Most of Your Study Time--Preaching by the
- Biblical Clarity and Cultural Relevance Through Topical Preaching
- Preaching That Actually Changes Lives
- SIDEBAR: Three Ways to Support Discipleship Preaching
- Exegeting Your Audience
- Telling Stories and Asking Questions
- We Preach Christ Crucified
- Church Life is All-Consuming
- The Circle of Safety
- Designing and Administering an Annual Performance Review in Your Ministry
- Let My People Go
- If God’s Creation Was “Very Good,” How Could Evil Arise?
- How to Maximize a Pastors’ Conference
- Don’t Worry
- A Final Word
- Eleven Ways to Maximize Your Preaching Potential
- Is There not a Cause?
- The Pastor as a Change Agent
- Reaching With Our Preaching
- On the Importance of Theological Training in Youth Ministry