SIDEBAR: Coaching questions that can help you experience these benefits
by Jane Creswell
1. Christ-centered coaching leverages a person’s strengths.
- What will it take to discover your strengths?
- What is the definition of loving the Lord will all your strength?
2. Christ-centered coaching provides clarity and focus.
- Where are you now and where does God want you to be?
- What will you need to start, continue, or stop to stay focused on your God-given purpose?
3. Christ-centered coaching instills confidence.
- What fears are holding you back?
- What are some specific strategies you can use to overcome those fears?
4. Christ-centered coaching catapults learning.
- What do you need to learn to move to the next level in your ministry?
- What is the most effective way for you to learn? How can you employ that more?
5. Christ-centered coaching fosters intentional progress.
- What additional plans do you need to put in place as roadmaps for your ministry?
- What criteria will you use to determine if you need a course correction?
6. Christ-centered coaching rubs off on others.
- Who in your everyday ministry can benefit from being coached by you?
- What will you need to do to prepare to coach them well?
7. Christ-centered coaching encourages God-sized goals.
- Where in your ministry do you need to stretch into God-sized goals?
- What are the greatest inhibitors to you stepping out in faith toward those goals?