SIDEBAR: 50 Power Questions For Coaches and Their Clients
by David Wood
- If you were to fully live your life, what is the first change you would make?
- What areas of your life can you upgrade or tweak?
- What can we work on that will make the biggest difference in your life?
- How will you feel about doubling that goal?
- What are you tolerating/putting up with?
- What do you want more of in your life? (Make a list)
- What do you want less of in your life? (Make a list)
- What three things are you doing regularly that do not serve or support you?
- How can you make this goal more specific or measurable?
- What will be the biggest impact from achieving your goal(s)?
- What would you try if you knew you could not fail?
- How can we make this something you are aiming toward rather than something you are trying to move away from?
- What do you love?
- What do you hate?
- What is one thing you would love to do before you die?
- Is now the right time for you to make a commitment to achieving these goals?
- What can we work on that will put a smile on your face?
- For your life to be perfect, what will need to change?
- What do you really want?
- What is one change you can make to your lifestyle that will give you more peace?
- What’s the first/next step?
- What research can you do to help you find the first (or next) step?
- Who can you talk to who can illuminate this issue?
- Who should you be hanging out with so achieving this goal becomes natural? (i.e., Who is already doing it?)
- How can you get the knowledge/information you need?
- What three actions can you take that will make sense this week?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited do you feel about taking these actions?
- How can you increase that score? (e.g., handle fear, clearer steps, more support more fun)
- What would “massive action” look like?
- What will happen (what is the cost) of you not doing anything about this?
Gaining New Perspectives
- What can you learn from this?
- In what way is the current situation perfect?
- How can you turn this around immediately and enjoy the process?
- What in this situation are you grateful for?
- What are you doing well? What can you do better?
- What is one way you can have more fun in your life?
- If you were your own coach, what coaching would you give yourself right now?
- What is the value of your current attitude?
- What is your favorite way of sabotaging yourself and your goals?
- What should I say to you if I spot you doing this?
General Diagnostic Questions
- What are three of your greatest strengths?
- What are you most excited about? What are you looking forward to?
- What is one way to get more energy into life?
- If your relationship was ideal, what is one thing that would be different?
- If you could do anything, what would be your ideal career?
- What is one thing you can do to give yourself more financial peace?
- What is your life really about? What is your purpose?
- If you had to guess your life’s purpose (from looking at your life to date), what would it be?
- What would you like to be most acknowledged for at this point in your life?
- Who in your life should you acknowledge more? Would you like to acknowledge him or her for something today?
For other coaching resources, visit: www.solutionbox.com.
DAVID WOOD, Solution Box