SIDEBAR: More Keys To Healing the Sexually Broken--Restoring the Damaged
by Andy Comiskey
More Keys To Healing the Sexually Broken
- God gives the broken what they need, not what they deserve. Our churches should reflect this.
- God gives hope through the Cross. He suffered to give the broken a place to go in any affliction.
- Establishing trust. The broken need to establish roots in a caring, confidential community.
- Identifying shame. Love alone overcomes this greatest barrier to bringing sexual damage into the light.
- Confession of sin. In-depth healing requires in-depth confession and repentance.
- Toppling personal idols. Instead of other Christians casting them out, the broken must be empowered to refuse their own demons.
- Feeling pain and forgiving. Both take the edge off lust and perversion.
- Blessing gender. Confirming the worth of one’s own gender liberates the blessing of the other gender.
- Lifetime plan. Healing of sexual brokenness means learning to love others well for life.