SIDEBAR: Father in Heaven If-then Principles
by Alicia Britt Chole
- If you let your light shine before men,then others will see and praise your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16).
- If we love our enemies, then we will be sons of our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:44,45).
- If we give to be seen, then we will have no reward from our Father in heaven (Matthew 6:1).
- If we forgive others, then Father in heaven will forgive us (Matthew 6:14; 18:35; Mark 11:25).
- If we do the will of Jesus’ Father who is in heaven, then we will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21).
- If we acknowledge Jesus before men, thenJesus will acknowledge us before His Father in heaven (Matthew 10:32).
- If we disown Jesus before men, thenJesus will disown us before His Father in heaven (Matthew 10:33).
- If we do Father in heaven’s will, thenwe are Jesus’ mother, brothers, and sisters (Matthew 12:50).
- If two agree on earth in prayer, then Father in heaven will hear and act (Matthew 18:19).
Additional “Father in Heaven” attributes:
- He is perfect (Matthew 5:48).
- He feeds the birds of the air and knows what we need (Matthew 6:23,32).
- He revealed Jesus as the Son of God to Peter (Matthew 16:17).
- He knows how to give good gifts to His children (Matthew 7:11; Luke 11:13).
- He watches over little ones closely and does not want any of them lost (Matthew 18:10,14).