Sample Ministry Action Plan (Map)
Middle School Ministry
October 2003–September 2004
- Recruit a male coach.
- Recruit worship leader.
- Expand coachs role and training.
- Recruitment strategy:
- "The Hook, Line, and Sinker": Capture Mechanism. Under 2 hours. Vision and strategy cast. "This is who we are, and wed love to have you join us!"
- "Cat Herding 101": 3 to 4 weeks of Youth Ministry 101 for those who have bitten the hook. More in-depth than The Hook. "You want to join us; here are the essentials of youth ministry."
- "Middle School Community": Ongoing. Spiritual life and community as well as equipping and developing. Once every 6 weeks. A middle school version of Leadership Community.
- Expand adult leader numbers.
Current Total: 21
- Equip middle school E-Leaders.
Equip for future goals, not defaulting to present needs.
- Tech leader identified and trained.
Student team of techies.
Projected gain: 9
Projected total: 30
Hit 150 mark on Sunday a.m.
April/May average: 130.
Minister of fun—activities coordinator:
2 large-scale outreach events.
3 medium-scale events.
Ongoing small events.
Greet-team leader, strategy, and team solidified.
Calls, e-mails, or cards to each first-time visitor.
Recruit small-group leaders.
Current small-group leaders.
Current Total: 14
Projected small-group leaders.
Projected gain: 4
Projected total: 18
Small groups average 50 percent of Sunday a.m. total.
Shepherding with regularity.
Postcards, e-mails, or calls by small-group leaders every other week.
Meet outside of church once every 6 weeks.
New believers class.
Measure evangelism success by numbers through class.
Student ministry Web site.
E-mail database of students.
(10/03: Semi-operational and growing.)
- Small groups cabin retreat. Goal: community, depth.
- Leaders fall and spring retreat. Goal: alignment, community, encouragement.
- Dare 2 Share. Goal: Evangelism training.
- Summer camp. Goal: Community, depth, outreach.